Collections and Research Assistant
Organisation: Sarmaya Arts Foundation
Duration: Full time
Starting Date: immediate
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors or/and Masters Degree in Museum Studies, Arts Management, Art History or relevant field.
- Experience working in an art institution, gallery or archive in either a paid or voluntary role is a must.
- Working knowledge of collections management systems, MS Office, and G Suite.
- Ability to conduct academic research, write, and communicate well in writing.
- Ability to work independently and the capacity to multitask.
- Ability to organise one's time and priorities, fulfilling deadlines as necessary.
- Works closely with the collections team to ensure all facets of the physical and records administration of the collections at the Sarmaya archive are managed in compliance with the established standards.
- Catalogues and documents objects in the collection, help conduct a regular physical audit of the objects to guarantee that the collections will continue to be accessible properly.
- Assists in examining, writing and updating the database with object information.
- Contributes to the ongoing research on the collection for specific projects.
- Assists with preventative conservation measures, light object cleaning, and photography.
- Helps with the logistics of object transportation, movement, and displays during exhibitions.
- Handles the cataloguing and periodic audits of the library books.
- Contribute to the strategic goals and cooperate with and accommodate the demands of your immediate team. For instance, assist colleagues during unanticipated absences, and work closely with other teams to ensure that all deadlines and job requirements are met.