The Fort St. David in Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu, was originally a British headquarters for southern India, as seen on this map. It was attacked by the French forces led by Dupleix. The fort was renovated by the French in 1782, but then it was captured by the British in 1785. The map highlights the areas that were attacked by the French army.
To read more on early cartography in the subcontinent, click here.
TitleFort St. David with the French Attack, May 1758
CartographerSir John Call
DimensionsH: 50.2 cm x W: 37.7 cm