Senior Research Associate
Duration: Full time
Desired Skills and Experience
- A bachelor's or master's degree in art history, history, museum studies, curatorial studies, or a related discipline is preferred.
- The candidate should have 8-10 years of work experience. Experience working in museums, galleries, or cultural institutes as a researcher or curator is preferred.
- Should be able to set priorities, coordinate various projects, and meet deadlines.
- Should have strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Conduct and lead interdisciplinary research of the artworks and objects in the Sarmaya collection.
- Be able to communicate and deliver highly specialised content to non specialist audiences.
- Lead the team on research and curation of select exhibitions.
- Contribute to content strategy and writing for various platforms - website, social media, and exhibitions.
- Initiate and foster long-term partnerships with community/institutional partners.
- Support and contribute to collections management.
- Plan and manage all activities in an efficient and timely fashion.