The Khada Parsi statue, or the Standing Parsi Statue, is a memorial fountain dedicated to Seth Cursetjee Manockjee Shroff (1763-1845), a Parsi businessman and educational reformer. He founded the Alexandra’s Girls English Institution which is considered to be one of the first schools dedicated to educating women in 18th century Bombay . Cursetjee’s son commissioned this fountain after judging a similar-looking fountain at the International Exhibition of London in 1862.
TitleStanding Parsi Statue and the Byculla Hotel, Bombay
PhotographerFrancis Frith & Co.
DimensionsH: 16 cm x W: 20.5 cm